Quotes From Game of Thrones Best Moments
- By bitsofgameofthrones
- On 13/11/2017
Now that Game of Thrones Season seven has ended, it's time to quietly reflect on, well, everything. Granted, it's hard to pick out the best GoT quotes from more than 60 episodes so far, but we're going to give it a damn good try. The best Game of Thrones Quotes are in descending order. So feel free to let us know what you would change, or have as your number one quote in the comments below.
Spoilers are coming, so this is your warning.
Having been persecuted by his father all his life, and literally prosecuted by him throughout season four, Tyrion is freed from his cell by Jaime and instructed to leave the red keep. Except he doesn't. First he finds his former lover Shae and kills her, because he must. Then, for Tywin is a crossbow bolt to the gut while he's on the toilet.
For more quotes from game of thrones show, be sure to check out Books of GoT blog - it's a great article.
Tyrion’s speech at the prosecution is a powerful, powerful moment that contains some of the best acting in the whole show. When Tyrion realizes it's Shae giving false evidence against him, you share his pain as the last shred of hope drains from him. Then you share his anger as he delivers his tirade against his accusers, having confessed to being guilty of being a dwarf. But it's this line which absolutely nails the scene:
- I did not kill Joffrey, but I wish that I had! Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than a thousand lying whores! I wish I was the monster you think I am! I wish I had enough poison for the whole pack of you! I would gladly give my life to watch you all swallow it!
Jeoffrey’s death, or The Purple Wedding, as they call it - we all wanted this! We wanted it so so badly, ever since Joffrey had Ned's head snipped at the end of season one, and for the next 20 or so episodes when we see Joff turn into a royal monster. So when The Queen of Thorns conspires with Littlefinger to kill off The Boy King at his wedding, it's a big big moment. We all let out a sly smile, knowing the Lannister dynasty has finally taken a step towards ruin.
But we must admit, there were some great scenes with him. And some great quotes from Game of Thrones universe:
- Joffrey Baratheon: If I tell the Hound to cut you in half, he'll do it without a second thought.
- Tyrion Lannister: That would make me the quarter-man. Just doesn't have the same ring to it.
- I can't stand the wailing of women.
- Killing you would send your brother a message.
- Tell me which do you favor, your fingers or your tongue. Fingers or tongue, if you got to keep one, which would it be? Or I could just cut your throat. Good. Tongue, it is.
If you enjoyed this article, I am sure you'll like this one I've found while researching a bit. I think the guy did a good job there.
What is your favorite Game of Thrones quote? Let me know in the comments.